In episode 8 of the ‘Changing Construction’ podcast, the podcast designed to help people in Construction address the big challenges they face and discuss the key themes across the industry, we are joined by Paul Shillcock to discuss the balance between people, processes and technology. Recap our previous episodes here:
- Episode 1 with Vicki Reynolds about Women in BIM and digital strategies here.
- Episode 2 with Sarah Fox about Construction contracts and avoiding disputes here.
- Episode 3 with Rob Charlton on the business case for Digital Twins here.
- Episode 4 with Paul Wilkinson on the digitisation of Construction here.
- Episode 5 with Dan Rossiter on the 'Digital Fluency' challenges here.
- Episode 6 with Ben Channon on mental wellbeing in the industry here.
- Episode 7 with Jacob Wardrop on getting rid of your document management system when nobody uses it here.
In episode 8, 'People, processes and technology', Paul Shillcock joins us to discuss ISO standards and the enablers and barriers for adopting good information management.
Episode 8: Paul Shillcock
Paul Shillcock discusses ISO standards, people and processes, and BIM. We cover ISO 19650 and the differences from previous standards (and the benefits of implementation), how to establish an information management process, what are the key enablers for adoption, and examples of information management processes done well.
Paul Shillcock is the Managing Director of Operam and a co-author of both national and international standards (ISO 19650-2 and the UK National Annex and the co-author of PAS 1192-2 and the UK Transition Guidance from PAS 1192-2 to ISO 19650-2).
Where can you listen to the podcast?
If you like it, please share it, follow the podcast and feel free to leave a review.