In episode 7 of the ‘Changing Construction’ podcast, the podcast designed to help people in Construction address the big challenges they face and discuss the key themes across the industry, we chat about the death of document management systems in the modern age and how to get rid of it when nobody uses it. Listen below or recap our previous episodes:
- Episode 1 with Vicki Reynolds about Women in BIM and digital strategies here.
- Episode 2 with Sarah Fox about Construction contracts and avoiding disputes here.
- Episode 3 with Rob Charlton on the business case for Digital Twins here.
- Episode 4 with Paul Wilkinson on the digitisation of Construction here.
- Episode 5 with Dan Rossiter on the 'Digital Fluency' challenges here.
- Episode 6 with Ben Channon on mental wellbeing in the industry here.
In episode 7, 'How to get rid of your document management system when nobody uses it', Jacob and Chris discuss the need for document management systems today, if there is one at all, and how modern ways of working require a different, best-in-breed approach.
Episode 7: How to get rid of your document management system when nobody uses it
Podcast co-hosts Jacob and Chris discuss the death of document management, covering topics on how to get rid of a legacy system, why document management systems have low user adoption, the challenges associated with where data resides, and the barriers to change.
Where can you listen to the podcast?
If you like it, please share it, follow the podcast and feel free to leave a review.